How to Lead a Healthy Lifestyle
Healthy lifestyle, have wondered what does it really mean? For some healthy lifestyle means a disease free life. But in reality it’s about achieving balanced and optimal physical and mental well-being.Leading a healthy life is not a herculean task. With a little effort everyone can have a well-balanced and healthy life. All you need to do is to implement small changes in your day to day life.
Considering the fast paced tech savvy lives we lead everyone despite realization forgets to take care of their body. It’s a general feeling that as long as one is able to grow in the career graph allis going to be well and a day will soon come when we will adapt a healthy lifestyle.
For all those busy people who want or are trying to lead a healthy life, here are some most easy to follow healthy tips that can be practiced in our day to day life with no extra efforts irrespective of your age, gender or profession.
- Drink Lots of Water: Water not only keeps us hydrated and energetic, water is also the best way to keep your skin looking young and supple and keep various ailments away. Water eliminates toxins from the body, helps in digestion and also combats infections.
- Exercise: Adopting a regular exercise regime is vital in maintaining a fit body and mind. Even if you cannot go to a gym just walk or jog for 45 minutes a day and see the positive effects on your energy level and look.
- Eat Small and Regular Meals: Never skip a meal. It’s best to eat light and eat regularly. Stop eating the moment you feel full. For snacking choose healthy options like nuts, fruits, and wholegrains.
- Choose Healthy Food: While shopping choose foods that are low in added sugar, trans fat and saturated fat. Look at the labels before you fill your shopping cart. For protein choose poultry, beans, eggs, nuts. Everyday include fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables in your diet. Practice healthy eating.
- Include Omega 3 in your Daily Diet: Omega -3 is the most important fatty acid for human health that body cannot make them. You have to get them through foods or supplements. Omega- 3 is known to be very beneficial for both body and brain. It keeps various lifestyle ailments like heart disease, cancer and depression miles away. Symptoms of omega-3 fatty acid deficiency are fatigue, poor memory, dry skin, heart problems, mood swings or depression.
- Sleep 7-8 Hours a Day: Turn off the mobile, tab and TV, do not give in to the urge to surf or watch just another show. Sleep for a good 7-8 hours. Most people require 7-8 hours of sleep to stay alert and to function optimally. Poor sleep is one of the main causes of stress, lack of immunity and heart disease.
- Think Happy Thoughts and Have Fun: Don’t stress, it does not help. Think happy thoughts, go out, meet friends, create memories and have fun. Laugh out loud, be childlike and see how young and healthy that makes you feel.