The Benefits of Omega -3 fats
Omega- 3 fish oil fatty acid is the nature’s gift to the humankind to keep the human body healthy and disease free. Composed of three fats namely EPA, DHA and ALA Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid Omega -3 is not sufficiently produced by human body and needs to be obtained through dietary supplements. ALA is present in many vegan foods like flaxseeds, berry oils and hemp oil but EPA and DHA is present chiefly in marine fish oil.
In the modern world most the ailments can be linked to unhealthy diet and lifestyle. Intake of a balanced diet with the correct Omega -3 and Omega -6 fatty acid is vital for maintaining a heathy and beautiful body and mind.
- Omega -3 Benefits on Body: Intake of Omega-3 reduces all types of inflammation in the human body. Allergies are a type of inflammation and can include itching, hives, and rashes, asthma, food sensitivities, eczema, and sinus infections. Severe inflammation of tissues are the main cause of heart diseases, arthritis, prostatitis, immune system dysfunction, depression, Alzheimer’s and many other health conditions.The EPA & DHA fish oil fatty acids regulate the inflammatory response by reducing the amount of compounds causing pain and inflammation.
- Omega-3 Benefits for Hair: Intake of healthy food with the correct Omega-3 content helps to promote hair growth and keeps hair strong and healthy. Adding these fatty acids to your diet can prevent itchy, dry and flaky scalp and also stop hair loss.
- Omega-3 benefits for Skin: Omega-3 reduces inflammation and thus reduces the risk of acne, eczema, psoriasis or any other skin inflammations and allergies. Omega- 3 moisturizes the skin from within and keeps you looking young, supple and wrinkle free. It also acts as natural sun screen and keeps the skin flawless and radiant.
- Omega-3 benefits for Brain: Research suggests that Omega-3 intake protects people of every age group and gender against depression and anxiety. Omega-3 is also believed to work against Alzheimer’s and dementia. This essential fatty acid found in fish oil can slows cognitive decline, prevents brain cells from shrinking and also aids in prevention of brain atrophy in older adults. As for children it helps them to improve overall alertness and IQ. Omega-3 can improve brain function by helping to improve blood flow.
- Omega-3 benefits for Eyes: Various studies have suggested that intake of Omega-3 over a period of time can be quite beneficial for eyes. It improves and heals eye ailments like dry eye syndrome, glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy. Omega- 3 fatty acids may also help guard adult eyes from age related macular degeneration and cataract.
- Omega-3 benefits for Weight Loss: Many people will wonder how a fatty acid can help in weight loss. But the fact is that Omega-3 fatty acids helps you to burn the harmful fats more easily by improving your body’s metabolism and fat burning potential. It also helps to suppress the sudden hunger pangs that lead to calorie consumption.
With such long list of benefits Omega -3 does sum up as the most magical fatty acid that you must include in your daily diet lead to a healthy and vigorous life.