Mom’s Milk DHA HealthTest
- Mom’s Milk DHA Test is a simple Home2Lab test for measuring DHA in mother’s milk.
- Just drop a few drop of mother’s milk on the sample collection card and courier it to Lipomic Healthcare laboratory.
- The test will help determine whether your diet contains sufficient amount of DHA necessary for the overall well being of your baby.
- Based on a simple, easy and hassle free sample collection procedure, you can take your sample from the comfort of home. Just follow the instructions as given in the instruction manual.
- The test kit will be provided directly to you at your doorstep from Lipomic Healthcare. Just courier us your sample and get your easy to understand results online within 48 hours of receiving the sample
Only customers holding Indian debit or credit cards may place their order through this portal. International customers are requested to write to us at email@example.com so that we may assist them in placing the order.
Importance of DHA
1Makrides. M, et al, “Docosahexaenoic Acid and Preterm Birth”, Ann Nutr Metab 2016; 69(suppl 1):3034.
2Coletta.J.M, et al., “Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Pregnancy”. Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2010 Fall; 3(4): 163–171.
4Martinez M. Tissue levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids during early human development. Pediatr, 1992.120:S129-38.
5Lauritzen L, et al. The essentiality of long chain n-3 fatty acids in relation to development and function of the brain and retina. Prog Lipid Res, 2001. 40:1-94. (Calculated using Table 1 data. 22:6n-3/Total n-3).
Who should take this test?
Therefore, it is strongly recommended that mothers monitor their DHA level in order to provide maximum benefit to their baby during-and-after pregnancy.
According to USFDA, fish and other protein-rich foods have nutrients that can help your child’s growth and development8.
6Adab-Jorge.A., “The Role of DHA and ARA in Infant Nutrition and Neurodevelopmental Outcomes”, Vol. 10 No. 10 P. 66
7Brenna, T.J., “Docosahexaenoic and Arachidonic acid concentration in human breast milk worldwide”, American Journal of Nutrition, 2007; 85, 1457-64).